Project Quilting season 6 - #3 = Trellis

PQ challenge 3 this time is Orphan block or UFO and make something unintended from them.  I don't think I did exactly that this round. The lattice blocks were part of a white elephant swap back in Dec. with my guild.  I decided to mash that with some fun petal scrappy blocks and ended up with

 "Trellis"
She is 41" x 48"
Orphan block strips and my appliqued petal blocks
Some straight line quilting some wavy. Scrappy binding.
I think some child will like this bright little quilt.

I received two chunks of finished blocks. They were sewn together but differently and I really wanted to make them work together. I stopped in and visited with some of the members of a small sewing group and asked for advice how to make this up.  I came away with an idea to use the blocks separately and make two quilts with them. So I let that stew in my mind and went about my other work until this challenge.   I found tons of orphan blocks that I could have used for this challenge but I wanted to get something done with these blocks since they are not exactly mine. :)

I found I have stacks of petals from another quilt I made using the Accuquilt applecore die.  I thought I could make this work.  ** Bonus: the petal shape is a BOM over at SewCanShe Classic Blocks so I had that in mind when trying to mesh these ideas together.


I thought it was pretty smart of me to include the classic bom on the back.  I had so many other ideas for this great challenge. I was taking pics of lots of orphans but I could not decide on any. Then while scooping snow on Wed I strained my back and ended up thinking I was not going to be able to do this challenge.  I kept thinking on it and decided to give this a go since I had a chunk of blocks already made. I hope this still qualifies.  If not I am happy for a finish.

Linking up with Project Quilting over at Persimon Dreams
Check them out later today and during the week until Friday the 13th for open voting for your favorites from this challenge.

Comments

carla said…
Hi!!!! It is very pretty!!!! Bright and fun!!!!! I am sure it will be loved!!!!
PersimonDreams said…
WOW! This is absolutely wonderful! Just love what you came up with!
Carla said…
Bright, happy and a great use of those "chunks" of blocks and your petals make it smile. You rocked it again, Kris.
Jen said…
Wow, you've been busy! This quilt is so bright and fun, someone is going to love it!
MegsAnn said…
What a cheerful quilt! I love how you've given these orphans new life. www.quiltartbymegan.com

Popular posts from this blog

Project Quilting Season 5 - #1

My turn on the New Blogger Blog Hop

2019 Online Quilters Meet and Greet

P.Q. 15.6 theme Irish chain