Project Quilting 9.2 Triangulation or something close


After the post I wrote about "just doing" something I was motivated to participate in this weeks Project Quilting 9.2 Challenge at Persimon Dreams. It is nothing to write home to mother about but I want to use some things I have. I found a new package of the Tri-Recs rulers and grabbed a bunch of fabric and Ta-Da!



The challenge was called Triangulation.  So Triangles I did!!
This is approx 39" x 48" which is a great size for a local chapter of Quilts for Kids to accept. Two birds with one stone as they say. 


Simple quilting lines with red violet thread and done. Machine binding went pretty quick. 


I think I should have done more quilting but I washed it already and I like how soft it is. I am sure some little girl that is sick and spending time in a hospital will snuggle with it just fine. 

I intended to get outside and take some kind of fun picture with this newly finished piece but alas.....I have some hot moist heat on my knees right now for some therapy I am trying so it is what it is. Let it go...just do it...Make something!  so yup, I tried. It is all good. 

Linking up with Crazy mom Quilts finish it up friday HERE

Comments

Laura said…
Pretty! I love triangle quilts and this one is lovely. The photo in the shadows is quite atmospheric!
Carla said…
Very pretty and perfect for your donation too. Hope your therapy works for your knees.
It looks Perfect! Good luck.
Kathy E. said…
So very pretty! It's simple, but so enjoyable to look at and admire! A lucky child will certainly be comforted by it. Bless you (and your knee)!
I like what you did with the color band moving across and down the quilt. It seems to me that you added JUST the right amount of quilting for the purpose! Well done.
PersimonDreams said…
This is absolutely perfect! So happy to have you join in ;)
Wendy said…
it's lovely! well done for pushing yourself to get something made!

Popular posts from this blog

Project Quilting Season 5 - #1

I am...

2019 Online Quilters Meet and Greet

Japandi - a bee quilt