& Love, Swoon, Sunshine and other bits of note


One of my nieces got married recently. It was supposed to be in 2020 and the dates got changed a few times but finally in 2021 it happened but not on date planned.  I finally got to see her since attempting to help her with her wedding dress alterations last year. 
I wanted to make something to commemorate the event so I made a wedding ring wall hanging. I love this pattern and to prove it, this is my third one I made using the Liz Harvantine block pattern. HERE
I luvvvv this block. 

My quilty friend, Jen from jenniferunderthejunipertree have a small show together!!

Cheese I know! We just spent two hours hanging our show and I should have known there would be photos...oh well ha


We paired our quilts together to mark some of the journey our friendship through quilts has taken us. 
We started with our Super Nova friendship quilt block exchange 7 years ago. 

This was us after we won the challenge and our picture was included in an article in an Amy Butler ezine. 

We have since entered some other guild challenges, the county fair and started a Bee group. We included in the show some of our photos because everywhere we go Jen has phone ready for photos ops. Good thing too because before we knew it we had been doing things together for 7 years!


The bottom right picture is our Bees first quilt Japandi.  You can read more about it HERE 

I included in this picture a recent finish I made with some dyed fabric I made. The Swoon block (pattern by Thimble Blossoms) has been a long time fabric of mine. I have always wanted to make it and took the opportunity when I made a lovely ice dyed piece that I thought needed to be a center feature. I used some cherry fabric I dyed to go with it. I forgot to take pics before the show so there it is. It went nicely with Jen's indigo dyed stars. Two summers ago we spent a day doing indigo dyed pieces. 



Myself and Jen as bitmojis! Ha 

and lastly I forgot to add my little Sunshine quick finish. 

This is a tiny little fun wall hanging I made with a random strip set play day. I love the colors and found I had a You are my Sunshine FQ that I printed from Spoonflower. I did a little mix of free motion and hand sewing on this one. 

12.5" x 16.5" 
Linking up with Quiltcreatepaint
and
Small quilts and doll quilts for Design wall monday

Comments

Fun quilt show on this blog post!!! Beautiful quilt for your newlywed niece!!!
Debbie said…
Love seeing snippets from the show - very cool. I also love that is all started with the supernova - loved that quiltalong!
Nice job on the wedding ring mini. I have the pattern but have never been brave enough to try it!
Donna said…
Welcome! The show was a great way to celebrate your special friendship. Congrats!

Popular posts from this blog

Project Quilting Season 5 - #1

My turn on the New Blogger Blog Hop

2019 Online Quilters Meet and Greet

P.Q. 15.6 theme Irish chain