First WIP -Lucky

Posh Lucky is 28" x 42" 

The week after the first Project Quilting challenge (you can read about mine HERE )I decided I should finish something I already had started. 

 


I had a pile of cut outs from a Sew Kind of Wonderful ruler. I tend to keep a stack for practice or from demos I have taught. Now that I am a certified instructor (HERE) of their products I decided to get some more of the patterns made up. I also found in my stash an unusual batt. Have you ever

used a fusible batt?

I found that I had a couple versions of this. I can only imagine how old they are because I have not purchased polyester batting in over a decade!  This was craft batt size. Perfect for this project. It was sort of tacky to feel and pretty wrinkly so I was not sure how to get it flat because you can't heat it in any way. In the end I draped if over a chair over night. 

The next day I laid out the backing and just hand smoothed it out. One edge that I cut off was the most wrinkled.  I put the pressed top on and then took the whole thing to the ironing board. The batt was interesting. It was easy to unstick by just warming it up. I pressed both back and front. It didn't move on the back so no puckers which was good. The front piecing was a little stretchy so that has some minor pushing in places usually where a seam was. 

The loft of the batt was low but still it is puffy after sewing cotton or blends for so many years. It now will get washed so the glue is released and I hope it will wrinkle up nice. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

💬 Done: 1 crib quilt (stash) 1 WIP 


 Lastly


my poinsettia from last year has finally turned red but so scraggly. Leaves keep dropping off but it keeps trying. Also my sister gave me an Amaryllis that is competing for the best red color...so pretty! Hard picture to get. I am having eye trouble so no sunlight for me for a bit. 

Linking up with Michelle over at From Bold to beauty

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project Quilting Season 5 - #1

Remember when

I am...

2019 Online Quilters Meet and Greet