Best of 2021


A new year begins. I am looking forward to what the new year brings but before I dive in I am going to do a quick look back at some favorite posts. 


One of the favorite posts was for the Scrappy Glass window quilt I made for the release of Kelly's book "Scrappy Improv Quilting".  You can read about it HERE

Another favorite was the Quick Curve Ruler quilt I called "Grow'n Up"



You can read about it and my adventure to get the pictures HERE

I spent some time early in the year working on scrappy challenges to use up lots of scraps. Here are some favorites:

Beachy scrap quilt HERE


Scrappydo 2 is HERE and I already have some scraps sewn together for another one of these. So fun to make!

A couple of my favorites:
Dressing Up was all about working with reusable textiles and slow hand sewing. You can read about it  HERE
and 

And my Easy Delectable Mountains. Background fabric was made from an old sheet I dyed with my friend Jen who also helped me with the photos!  You can read about it HERE
There is a tutorial on how to make the blocks for this HERE

I am linking up with Cheryl @ Meadow Mist Designs for Best of 2021. I hope you stop by the others that are sharing their year in quilts too. 



I am looking to tomorrow and each new day as a bright and beautiful opportunity to share my quilting and creating. Thank you for stopping by and especially for the comments and connections. One final picture I made for top quilts over on IG. 



Comments

Dawn said…
Looks like you were very successful using up scraps! Such a nice variety of quilts. I especially like your Grow'n Up quilt using the Quick Curve Ruler. Green and purple look so good together. Happy New Year to you!
Phyllis Higley said…
Grow’n up is my fav too. You were very productive!
Fabulous projects, Kris!! I would have a hard time choosing a favorite, if prompted to do so. LOVE them ALL!!!
Cheryl said…
Congrats on a wonderful 2021, such great scrappy finishes. Happy New year and I hope 2022 is wonderful for you!
Jen said…
You made so many great quilts in 2021!! Thanks for inviting me on some adventures! 😊

Popular posts from this blog

Project Quilting Season 5 - #1

Remember when

I am...

2019 Online Quilters Meet and Greet