Wip 2 it!


47" x 54"

Little creatures from Cori Dantini line of fabric 


I have learned that I do not really do well by organizing my sewing area. I clean up a bit and don't let it get too out of control as I go. This works best because in organizing in the past I lose things? Am I the only one? I put all things nice and neat somewhere but that is not where my mind saw it last so I have trouble finding it again to actually use. 

This year I want to use the patterns and rulers I have and of course my fabric stash. So on organizing...a waste of time for me because I am messy but not THAT messy. ha  One way I try to stay neat is to put projects together with fabric pattern and so on in a baggie. What I realized though is that I usually have all fabrics tied up then with the project just in case I may need them. So I plan to do some bag busting this year too. 

One bag was this cute Cori Dantini creatures bag. Full of tons of matching and coordinating line of fabrics. My directions as to how I made this simple economy block..not so great. I think vague is the work I am looking for. 


The animal blocks are pretty small and I wanted to build them out to a nice size. I figured this out once last year and made a few...and then packed it all back up in the bag and now had to figure them out again. 





This time I finished them off so I could get rid of the huge bag of fabric. 


I kept a bag of fabric from my neighbor lady with this because she had so many browns and tans that went well with these woodsy fabrics I was using. I made random sashing and sewed much of the bits together to use up. In her bag of fabric she had 1.5" strips cut so I used that as the size of sashing. 

I did a simple cross hatch organic quilting lines. It was all I could do with a sore back but I wanted to get this done before the next Project Quilting challenge starts.  So happy to empty some bags and finish another WIP. 

linking up with Nina Off the wall friday 

Comments

Jen said…
Yes stashbusting!!! You are on a roll!

Popular posts from this blog

Project Quilting Season 5 - #1

My turn on the New Blogger Blog Hop

2019 Online Quilters Meet and Greet

P.Q. 15.6 theme Irish chain