Let the Sun shine- P.Q. 13.2


Let the Sun Shine - P.Q. 13.2 
challenge theme = silhouette
16.5" x 16. 5"
applique
my original design

My challenge piece for this weeks Project Quilting theme from Persimon Dreams blog. The theme is silhouette this week. I knew I would keep this project small if I wanted to do applique. I decided on the fused applique and then stitched it all down with invisible thread.



The invisible thread turned out to work really well but it was so hard to see when working on it. 

Linking up with Persimon dreams so go check out all the entries HERE

I also wanted to do a pattern or something from my library. I remembered I had one of Sotak Handmade little bag patterns. I dug in my stash for some light canvas fabrics and voila...


This little bag went together easy and is so cute!


Perfect for a little grab and go project! I plan to make more of these for sure and I have tons of fabric..haha


I love big prints even in small bags. 

Also linking with NTT @ My quilt infatuation
and

Comments

As soon as I saw your project and the title, my head heard the music. Lovely piece of work and a perfect translation of the prompt.
Deb M said…
Love your projects!
What a fun challenge entry, Kris! I applaud your use of invisible thread to stitch it all down, as I shy away from it. Darling little bag project, too!!
Mel Beach said…
Your sun silhouette design is wonderful--such great colors for a cheerful finish!
PersimonDreams said…
Your project is amazing and I love the little bag!
Jen said…
This sun quilt makes me so happy!

Popular posts from this blog

2019 Online Quilters Meet and Greet

My turn on the New Blogger Blog Hop

Finish it up Friday and S'more Love Giveaway

P.Q. 15.4 Hourglass