Project Quilting off season May = Make it and Use it!

Project QUILTING Season 4  May challenge for Off Season Project Quilting which you can find out about here Is the Patone Challenge. 
The idea is to make something using part or all of these Patone colors for 2013:
pantone

On a recent shopping trip to my local Cosmic Cow quilt shop I found a fabric line by Benartex called Manhattan Modern. It has many of the Patone colors in it. 
Since I was thinking of combining this challenge with my very own Make and Use/Wear it challenge, I opted to make a quilted bag and a quilted bag insert. 

Colors in this print piece: Dusk blue, monaco blue, tender shoots, emerald, linen and my fav grayed jade. I liked that so much I used a grayed jade upholstery for the bottom and handle backs. 
 The smaller bag works as an insert in the larger tote bag. I plan to use it to carry small sewing projects to and fro. 
Both bags are quilted as you go with the sew and flip method. I lined both the large tote and the small sewing carryall. 

The large tote is 20w x 15h with a zipper pocket inside for cell phone or other small items. I made up my own pattern and might make a tutorial on it some day. :)
The smaller zip carryall is 14w x 11h. I used my own tutorial but made it a bit larger. You can see my tutorial here
Both bags are lined and  have a simple box out bottom so they can stand up on their own.

I plan to  Make it and "Use it" immediately as my old bag's handle came loose.  
I love this fabric line and the colors are beautiful. Wonder what I will do with the rest of the left over fabric???? ;)

Comments

Jen said…
I love the Cosmic Cow! I like the fabric you chose for the bag. Very pretty!
Unknown said…
I think you provide one of best provide cosmetic Bags.Thank for sharing us..........

wholesale cosmetics & Buy cosmetic bags

Popular posts from this blog

2019 Online Quilters Meet and Greet

My turn on the New Blogger Blog Hop

Finish it up Friday and S'more Love Giveaway

P.Q. 15.4 Hourglass