WIP Wed - All Aboard!



First up today is a bit of work on my boat blocks. I decided to try to make up several quilts with my red, white and blue/aqua scraps. Here is the first one. I went with 6 1/2" blocks which is what I had a lot of. Win win! The boat doesn't really stand out too much but I think some little one will love it anyway.  Now to get it sandwiched and practice fmqing!!


I was feeling so behind with the county fair here all last week.  I volunteered several times and tried to work on more charity quilts while there if I was not white gloving the quilts.

Here is my little piece that I am proud to say earned a blue ribbon!


Here is one of the kits I made up last week for Quilts for Kids (they had a booth at the fair that I worked at a bit during the fair).  This kit I decided to do myself because it had a block that needed piecing and I was trying to use up pieces for the back too.  Lots of stash fabric!

It turned out kind of cute. :)

Between shifts at the fair I tried to be outside and in my vegetable garden.  Two days in a row I tried to capture these Hummingbird moths.  They are fast little guys!!



See what I mean? fast

So that is my slow progress for the week so far. I am linking up with

WIP Wed WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced  here
and
Let's Bee Social http://sewfreshquilts.blogspot.ca/p/lets-bee-social.html Here and

The Purge here

Comments

Jessica D. said…
I love all things nautical! What a great little boat quilt you made!
Ann said…
Cute quilts. Love your photos of flowers and hummingbird moths.
Wendy said…
The boat quilt is cute! I think fmqing will make it stand out
Lorna McMahon said…
Your boat quilt is going to be sew sweet! And the diagonal quilting looks fabulous on that charity quilt, Kris. Those are some amazing photos of the hummingbirds. I have never seen one like that in real life. Amazing!
Ughhhhh I LOVE this quilt!! LOVE LOVE LOVE it Kris. It's just so original!!
Jen said…
I can't wait to see how you finish your boat quilts! And congratulations on your blue ribbon!

Popular posts from this blog

2019 Online Quilters Meet and Greet

My turn on the New Blogger Blog Hop

Finish it up Friday and S'more Love Giveaway

P.Q. 15.4 Hourglass