2 Print More Modern HST quilt

 

More Modern HST from 2020 in 2 prints. This was a QAL by lqg member Steph Jacobson over at Steph Jacobsons designs blog. 

My quilt is made from the 12 main months of the qal. It measures approx. 60" x 60" I flipped the placement around to put my small print in the main blocks and the big black and white in the background. It was a fun experiment and the reason I did it was I had those two in my stash. I thought I had enough to do the extra bonus blocks but I did not. ha A slight draw back from using up your stash but I am still happy to use what I can. I made the top at the end of last year so technically this is also a UFO. yay!

Snow then and snow now. Only difference it today the high is in single digits. I made a quick dart out back to get the quilted pic and the back. 

(Feb 20th...went out for more pics)Update:


Okay so this is more the scene today...so pretty out there in the early morning fog. :)


The back was super fun to do. I used up several smaller bits I had in my black and white stash. I even found a fun piece for the binding. I am learning to use what I can then cut the rest into strips or squares for my scrap stash. I have been spending lots of time going through bags and bags of bits to get them ready to use so this might be a good plan...I am hoping anyway. 

As you can see it was probably best I only had little bits of some of those...they are tough on the eyes. 


The quilting I decided on was organic plaid and I think it fit nicely with the busy layout. This was a fun qal and Steph has another one going on this year so check out her blog for more details. (this qal was free too!)

I wish I could have gotten out in the snow and cold for better pics but for now it will have to do.  I have more stash to get to. How about you?

linking up with Beth @ Monday Making (Love Laugh Quilt)_
and
Design Wall Monday @Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
and
Susan @Midweek makers at Quilt Fabrication
and 
and



 

 

 

Comments

love your use of gray in this quilt!
Wow, fun, fun quilt! And I need to say it, that back is super fun, too!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Project Quilting Season 5 - #1

2019 Online Quilters Meet and Greet

My turn on the New Blogger Blog Hop

Japandi - a bee quilt