PQ 12. 4 already = Animal Tales n Trails


Project Quilting 12.4 challenge this week is inspired by the Snail Trail block. You can find details about the challenge with Kim from Persimon Dreams.
I have to say I am not really a fan of that snail trail block. 

It does change things when it is paired with other blocks or by the use of color. 
I played around with drawing a few ideas. I just kept thinking of a vortex and I wanted to do that improvisationally.  Not really what I had in mind for this challenge.  I started to think what could I do with 2 colors and then instead how could I make it more colors that the traditional 2 or 4. I tried 8 and this is what I came up with. 

I tried to simulate a few colors into how this would work. I think my finished result is not quite right. I think I ended up with a few triangles left over and maybe a wrong color here or there but still I like the result. 


Just like in my last post, I am out trampling around in the snow and it is so pretty and calm out here. I forget I am supposed to be taking quilt pics. :)


This little Animal Tales n Trails is my own design
Measures approx. 38" x 38" 
spiral quilting


Can you see the elephant trunk? or maybe the dinosaur tail?
Anyway this was indeed a challenge to come up with something of my own. 
I could maybe make this into a pattern because I think it would make a cute play mat for baby. I don't know..maybe? 
I am glad I did the challenge.

Linking up with Wendy @ Peacock Party
and 
and 
and go check out all the quilts at the Challenge for 





In other news...QuiltCon together is going on now. 
I am lucky enough to have/contributed to 3 quilts there. 



The Bee quilt was made by Beemate Liz. 
The guild quilt blocks were made by many many members. Pieced together by myself, Jen McKitrick and Michelle Cotton. A Labor of love so I am so happy it made it in the show even though my picture was not great that I submitted. 

Lastly my ode to MQG modern classic Oblique pattern by Diana Vandeyar 


So many great quilts were entered. 





Comments

PersimonDreams said…
yes! this is so fabulous! I LOVE what you came up with! I sort of see lizard tails or some sort of reptile thing. The colors, composition - it's all wonderful! Great work :)
Sharon Kwilter said…
Congratulations on the quilt entries. And I think your snail trail is really well done.
Rebecca said…
Well that worked!!
Yes I see the elephants nose....Love the way you worked those gray angles into the pink... adds so much t
Love, love, LOVE your take on the traditional Snail's Trail block!! I'm inspired to try your technique on other traditional blocks... Right after I finish the other 50 projects on my list! Sigh...
Danette said…
A lovely quilt for sure!

Popular posts from this blog

Project Quilting Season 5 - #1

My turn on the New Blogger Blog Hop

2019 Online Quilters Meet and Greet

P.Q. 15.6 theme Irish chain