Modern Classic from Leftovers (Between the Blinds)



This is the MQG modern classic makeover pattern by Diana Vandeyar called "Oblique" for the Feb 2017 issue. 
I originally made the Chess on the Steps by Krista Hennebury. I named mine 'Strength and Beauty' HERE


I thought I could use additional fabrics in the composition with the specific ones the MQG listed but I don't think that is what they wanted. So with lots of leftovers I decided to see if I had enough fabric left to make another quilt. 




I think I want to call mine "Between the Blinds" 
58" x 58"
Straight line quilting
Foundation PP (freezer paper)
So Fine in baby blue on top and Bottomline silver on bobbin (Both Superior Threads)



The pattern for this is a foundation paper piecing pattern. I don't know about you but I didn't want to take the chance to print out all of these copies (4 for each block and 9 blocks) then have to try to go to a store and get more ink or order online so .......
I chose to make one copy of the blocks on heavy duty freezer paper. It is more of cardstock weight. I made one set and used it for each block by folding back the strip I made and using my add a quarter ruler to trim to seam allowance. Then sewing the next piece beside the cardboard fold. It works great. Each time  I sewed a strip I got up and pressed to the freezer paper and then trimmed and added another strip. 
*note: my iron is about 10 ft across the room so for each strip I made myself get up and press and trim and go back and sew. Got in some extra steps that way. ha



I had to piece a back and then decided to put a facing on it. 

There is a lot that goes on "between the blinds". We sometimes see what we want to see or choose not to see at all. 
Be safe in these tough times!

linking up with My Quilt Infatuation NTT HERE
and 
Quilt in a Day Tomorrow @Powered by Quilting HERE
and 
Cheryl at Meadow Mist Designs Favorite Finish
and 
and
Wendy at Wendy's Quilts and more Peacock Party

Comments

Rebecca Grace said…
Your Between the Blinds looks great, and I loved seeing the older quilt as well. Thanks for sharing your thread combo, too, because that's something I'm currently exploring and experimenting with. Are you quilting on a domestic machine or on a long arm? I've got my machine threaded up with So Fine in the needle and Bottom Line in the bobbin; that's a new pairing for me with this quilt so I'm encouraged to hear that it worked well for you.
Cheryl said…
I love this quilt, the design and colors are fantastic! Thanks for linking up to the Favorite Finishes Monthly Party!

Popular posts from this blog

Project Quilting Season 5 - #1

2019 Online Quilters Meet and Greet

My turn on the New Blogger Blog Hop

I am...