UFO busting -Ice Ice Baby


Catching up on posting some quilts. I don't know about anyone else but I am spending more time on computer these days. I sometimes forget that I could be posting some of the things I finish when I finish so that it is not so time consuming but I don't ...so here we are! ha

Ice Ice Baby is a small throw quilt I made by playing around with EQ7 and the Quick Curve Ruler. 
40.5" x 49" 
Super fast curve sewing using the QCR!!

Fun variegated fabric for the cones. 

Simple cross straightline quilting. 

The 3 fabrics from the front are from the same line as the back .....so cute!
I had the blocks done but just needed to put them together and quilt. 
I also found these when looking for mask material. Amazing what is all stashed away. ha

Speaking of masks......


I started out with making faux bias tape ties and even made a short video on how to make them on fb. 
I quickly switched over to tee-shirt ties. We have so many nice tee-shirts that my husband never wears and they work great.

Not all fun and games though....



My husband was bored I guess and sat down beside me while I was sewing one night. He found a coffee stick with a pipe cleaner circle in the end and was curious as to what it was. Of course he had to wave it around like a wand and kept saying how dusty and fuzzy my machine was on top. I am begging him to go away but he wouldn't. He finally asked about a thread that was coming out the hand wheel?  I thought he was kidding! 
Nope.... we opened her up and this is what we found. I know that is a bobbin thread as it is special for bobbins.  I have no idea how it missed the belts and other components and ended up wrapped around this wheel cam!! Also I have to use the foot feed to wind bobbins so I was sitting right there,  sometime, when this happened?? I have no idea!

In other news, I tried some applique, fpp and thread drawing for my Bee Botanical blocks. 

Linking up with My Quilt Infatuation NTT HERE
and
Quilt in a day Tomorrow @Powered by Quilting HERE
and
Wendy at Wendy's Quilts and More Peacock Party

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project Quilting Season 5 - #1

2019 Online Quilters Meet and Greet

My turn on the New Blogger Blog Hop

I am...