UFO busting - Seeing Spots!


I am not even sure when this little quilt was started. I know I had access to an Accuquilt machine at a local sewday. I cut out the circles and fusible circles too. I got home and started using some fancy stitches on my sewing machine to go around the edges.  I also remember taking them to a sew day at our county fair to sew on while being in the Quilts for Kids booth. The year? I am not sure. 


I am pretty sure this quilt did not want to be finished. I found the blocks when looking for materials to make masks out of. 
I thought, I can sew this up quickly. I did, and then I pressed it and then had to sew the whole thing again because my antique iron melted the thread in about 75% of it. Yes melted. I could see the thread go from shiny to dull and then I rubbed it. The thread actually came up from one side like tiny beads on a strand. So very odd. I have used that thread since and the same iron and nothing??



My sewing room in disaster mode!!! ha
Anyway, to be safe I sewed it again and quilted it with a different machine. I am not sure I should give this one to QFKs incase? also it is stiffer since using fusible behind the whole circles. Still I love how happy this is. 

"Seeing Spots"
40.5" x 47" 

My backing is really not the right color orange but who could resist not to use it for this quilt. 

Linking up with My Quilt Infatuation NTT HERE
and
Wendy at Wendy's Quilts and More Peacock Parade

Comments

PaintedThread said…
So many circles! I think the backing is perfect for that quilt. I can't believe the thread melted. What a hassle! It's a great quilt.
Rebecca Grace said…
I agree with Painted Thread; your backing fabric is perfect. What I love most about this quilt is all of the different shades of reds and oranges in the top, so it doesn't need a super matchy-matchy backing. Also, it's a great size for a wall hanging, and as a wall hanging, stiffness is beneficial rather than a liability. Too weird about the melted thread!! Was it 100% cotton thread or something else? No chance you accidentally used one of those basting threads that is supposed to melt or disappear, is there?

Popular posts from this blog

Project Quilting Season 5 - #1

I am...

2019 Online Quilters Meet and Greet

Japandi - a bee quilt