PQ #6 and a WhoopWhoop!


 


The Final Challenge for Project Quilting @ Persimon Dreams is "Isn't it Charming".  The entire front of the quilt has to be made of 5" charms.  I happened to have two Bobbins and Bits Charm packs and 1 coordinating FQ and some I had to make some Kona snow 5" squares because all I had was white white. 

I felt a bit silly cutting 5" squares then sewing them back together then cutting them in half for my border but I felt to use up the last of the charms in the border (cut these into 4ths) because it was so scrappy I needed that solid break.  I did not have a pattern for this just made wonky stars with the 5" size block an went from there. This was fun and relaxing which was great because I had limited time this week and just wanted to make it work.  All the fabric is from my stash as well as the charm packs.

"Charm Stars" measures approx. 48" x 48"
Made in Ne.  Straight line quilting with Aurifil off white.

Backing from my stash with a bit of my FQ selvage piece to make a label. That one FQ saved this quilt. I needed 3 more 5" charms so I was so glad I had it. :)

Pubic voting will open HERE Sunday afternoon March 22 until Friday the 27th so check back and vote by going to the link and clicking on the gray hearts in the upper Right corner. Thanks!

Linking up with HERE            
 

Comments

PersimonDreams said…
I just LOVE this! Fantastic job as usual! Thanks so much for once again joining in the Project QUILTING fun this season. It's always a pleasure to see what you come up with!
Great quilt! I love star quilts.
I too love the way the star quilt pattern can take a simple charm pack and pop it!! Yours came out great!!
Carla said…
Your always a top with me. Love this one, Kris. Why did this challenge seem so hard? I felt so limited. Well you rocked it!!!
Super Cool Quilt! Love that you took outside photos.
MegsAnn said…
I love it when a fun project is relaxing too. The borders make this quilt so much more interesting. Very cool. :) www.quiltartbymegan.com

Popular posts from this blog

2019 Online Quilters Meet and Greet

My turn on the New Blogger Blog Hop

Finish it up Friday and S'more Love Giveaway

Project Quilting Season 5 - #1