Dog Days of Summer - Misc

Dog Days - from dictionary.com = 

plural noun

the sultry part of the summer, supposed to occur during the period that Sirius, the Dog Star,rises at the same time as the sun: now often reckoned from July 3 to August 11.
period marked by lethargy, inactivity, or indolence.

Bits from my dog days: 



BeeUtifully Modern Bee mate Liz picked an open theme for her Bee blocks. Sort of "a day in the life" or "inspired by Gwen Marsten-ish" or "whatever makes you happy" combo. The fabric colors she picked were way cool. I put off doing mine for a long time because I was not sure how to depict a day. 
The top block is sort of a maze. Each days starts out with hope and then depending on how I feel, I either accomplish something and check things off my to do list or I spin my wheels and get nothing done and end the day with little to no progress. 
Battling health issues that take me out of a regular routine means you never never know what is going to happen. 
Top block is my day maze. Bottom Left is a Gwen mini study and Bottom Right is the first Sew Day I spent with friend Liz. She cut and sewed her first ever improv style slash and insert blocks!


TOM or Technique of the Month Blocks for my LMQG. 
These were super fun to make. I think I have mentioned before that my guild is making two color blocks in Pantone Living Coral and cream with shades and tints there abouts. We have gotten a lot turned in so far and can't wait to start piecing them together. 
Here are some possible layouts....


These are so so fun...we maybe end up with more than one!

In between projects when I need a few minutes of down time I get out a bag of scraps and start sewing. Here is my yellow bag. It is about 15" wide by 6' maybe...not sure what I am going to make out of it but I have red, pink, purple and green slabs already. 
Any ideas???

Some smaller scraps I made into hearts. Have you heard of the #ifoundaquiltedheart campaign? Check it out on IG. 

I challenged myself to different creative outlets. Here is my one a day watercolor play.  I was hoping to do one a day for 30 days but....missed yesterday and not sure my mind is in it. I may get back to it. It was fun to explore!

I have been wanting to try some natural turmeric dye. Yesterday was the day.....the dark yellow orange is an overdye. It was an obnoxiously bright yellow and I love it now. The others are faint but there and I like them. What I did not expect was the smell. OMG it was toxic. I don't like really strong smells because they often make me feel ill...this did too. Luckily it was super nice outside. 
Not sure what I am going to make with these but they are fun. 

I hope this wasn't boring cuz I realized I have more things to post about that I made so I need to keep at it. See ya on the flipside.


Comments

You have been busy! A lot of pretty projects, I love your Dog Days blocks, and those TOM are wonderful too!

Popular posts from this blog

Project Quilting Season 5 - #1

My turn on the New Blogger Blog Hop

2019 Online Quilters Meet and Greet

P.Q. 15.6 theme Irish chain