Best of 2020 ...is that even possible?


I was not even sure I wanted to look at my blog posts from this year. I was certain that most of the year was me spent not quilting. I was wrong and grateful for this look back. 

First up, this is the Modern Quilt Guild #modernclassic makeover. Taking a previously made QOM and make in their new colors. More info on this pattern Courthouse steps remake that I called Strength and Beauty. I deviated ever so slightly from the pattern so did not submit to Quiltcon exhibit but I love this quilt. 

Next up is another favorite...the improv Triangle QAL by Nicholas Ball on IG. It was so fun and rewarding. 


I love this piece!!! It was so fun puzzling it together.  More on this quilt can be found here   Mountain High Valley Low 

This one I was so surprised with. Our lqg had a challenge called Modern Flip. Take more traditional blocks and try to make them modern. Here were the blocks on my ufo pile. 


Then I made this.... Modern Flip from ufo


I think it turned out pretty great!

This was a test for Blossom Heart Quilts. It turned out pretty huge and I gifted it to a great niece. So glad I was able to finish this.  Double Dash




So happy my great niece loves orange and red and pink. 

And number 5....


My local guilds T.O.M. medallion style group project. Each month anyone who wanted to could try one of Techniques of the Month to learn about improv. We had a color theme as you can see. This is one of 4 quilts made from all the blocks turned in and this one...will be seen at QuiltCon from home. So proud of everyone who made blocks. More on this one  here TOM medallion 

And I think that wraps up some of the year. So glad I looked back and saw how much I was able to do early in the year. I hope and pray 2021 will be even better and I learned you should always be grateful!

To see more Best of posts visit Meadow Mist Designs Best of 2020 party
and linking with Sarah for Can I get a whoop whoop friday


Comments

Cheryl said…
Beautiful finishes, I love your use of bold color and geometric shapes! Thanks for linking up and happy new year!
blockMquilts said…
Such beautiful finishes! I especially love the triangle sew along quilt and the churn dash! Great use of colour!
Debbie said…
Beautiful quilts! Your 'Modern Flip is inspiring as I have some blocks I'm not to keen on that I'm trying to transform into something new. Also really love your courthouse steps!!
Such a colorful, happy year in quilts!!!

Popular posts from this blog

My turn on the New Blogger Blog Hop

2019 Online Quilters Meet and Greet

Finish it up Friday and S'more Love Giveaway

Flowering Lonestar test and Giveaway!