All we need is .......LOVE


This is "Through Love" a pattern by Allie Perry for Taren Studio. When  I saw the pattern I thought this would be a fun quilt to have. I just love how it came together. I really needed a treat and decided to buy the pattern and make it back in the winter. 
I seem to always have emotional ties or meanings to many of the pieces I make.
This quilt "Through Love" had me dwelling on the world and the people in our nation especially. 

64" x 78"
Organic plaidish quilting in 3 colors


back (Love is the Answer)
Finally used some of the Ikea yardage my sister gave me a few years ago. I love it and saved it and now it is perfect for the back of this Love quilt. I think it has a mesh or knitted vibe to it and you see how it is closer woven in places and not so close in others....kinda like Love? Notice though that it doesn't come apart. 


Could LOVE be the answer to our nations problems? Love of God, of country, love of people, love of self? When you love those things then you want more than just for yourself. You think outside your own wants and needs and you want more for everyone!
I don't usually talk about religious or spiritual things on here cuz I like to stick to creating. I have been getting daily meditations from Bishop Barron on the gospels during Lent this year. The recent one was from John 5 1-16. Stay with me if you can...in this gospel Jesus heals a paralyzed man and tells him to rise up take up his mat and walk. You would expect everyone to be happy for the man but instead many people are infuriated and confounded. They say the man should not have carried his mat on the Sabbath. 
Here is what the Bishop gives to think about: "Why are they so reactive? Why don’t they want this to be? We sinners don’t like the ways of God. We find them troubling and threatening. Why? Because they undermine the games of oppression and exclusion that we rely upon in order to boost our own egos."
Just food for thought...or not. 

If that is not your thing...a-okay. How about the earworm...Aaron Nevile singing "She gives me  Love Love Love Love, Crazy Love! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIsS-ras5hI

Linking up with NTT Kelly@MyQuiltInfatuation
and 
Whoop Friday @Confessions of a fabric addict

Comments

Connie W. said…
That's a terrific quilt! I, too, receive Bishop Barron's daily meditations and his Sunday Sermons. He has an inspiring take on the readings that leaves me with "food for thought". Thanks for sharing.
Connie
c_s_wolfe@yahoo.com
Debbie said…
oh this turned out so nice. I really like your color choices and how they interact.
Very nice, timely quilt. I've used that fabric from IKEA for backing, also!!!
PaintedThread said…
That is an awesome quilt!

Popular posts from this blog

Project Quilting Season 5 - #1

I am...

2019 Online Quilters Meet and Greet

Japandi - a bee quilt