Chain of Sunshine



A few weeks ago I was digging in my stash and I came across the gold text print. I had a little over a yard and wondered what I should do with it. I had tried it before when I needed a yellow gold and it never seemed to go with anything. I had a stack of 2.5" scraps of low volume and tons that were bits left from FQ's and such. 
I went searching for a pattern and came across this Scrappy Irish Chain by Center Street quilts...free on her blog. It is low volume and gold too..perfect!


I cut from my scraps until I had a huge pile of 2.5" strips and I dug out my moms old June Tailor strip cutting ruler. Once I sewed the strips together and had to cross cut them this ruler is a keeper! I had the blocks sewn up in no time. 


This ruler truly does make it easy to cut accurate and the points match up pretty slick. 


These bits were cut offs from my scraps and really while skinny they just seemed to good to throw out so..........on the back they went along with 3 extra blocks I made by accident..ha!

I love the way the bits came together. 



So this quilt was  finished about 2 weeks ago but we had a cold front, snow and lots of wind. I tried to take it out but it was too long with the piled snow for this spot so I tucked it away until I could get out again. 







Linking up with: 
Midweek Makers @  QuiltFabrication







2023 Quilt parade:
Scrap use = Chain of Sunshine
#2 UFO = Scrap Coins
Gallery show piece: O Prairie Girl
P.Q 14.4 #1 = Novel -My Jane pillow
P.Q 14.2 = pink Tumbling tower of pink
P.Q 14.1 = QCR apple core




Comments

Wow, Kris, love this cheery scrap quilt!!! It gives me an idea for my endless stack of 2 1/2" low volume/white squares. Very inspiring!!!
I adore your bright quilt. I have plans to make an irish chain but haven't decided what color/s to use. You remind me that one color of a printed fabric can be simple and lovely. The low volume background adds so much soft texture. Great finish..thanks for sharing.

Popular posts from this blog

Project Quilting Season 5 - #1

My turn on the New Blogger Blog Hop

2019 Online Quilters Meet and Greet

P.Q. 15.6 theme Irish chain