Scrap mission not impossible...


Stuck at home, not feeling great but not feeling horrible for over 2 weeks! My husband joined me about halfway through the days and I was going a little crazy. I kept eyeing this huge overflowing bag of scrap fabrics under my table. 
Finally I just dumped it out and started sorting. I was able to make 2 more of my 
Hexi Baby quilts. If you go to the link for that page I have a free template you can use to make your own.

I had a little fun with the giant grandmother flower garden hexi using the scraps I had to fit.



It has been super windy the past few days so I took quick shots inside. 



Some of the pieces in this quilt were a little larger but they were in the scrap bag because I am sort of sick of them.  I bet that one of the butterfly prints I have put in at least 4 other quilts. Time for it to get used up and gone!


Then I decided to work through a huge scrap pile of 2.5" strips, leftover binding strips and so on. I quickly matched up a couple strips one light one dark and started sewing. 


More strip sets used up on the backs!



Now I have to admit these were super fun to make and not hardly a bit of waste. I don't know how attractive they are but man I loved using these up. 
I have a few more left in the scrap bag so I might see if I can make more. 
These ended up being the perfect crib sized quilts. 
All are around 42" x 48"
but still there was scraps.......so?
I made a larger all scrap improv throw in the next post.....

2023 Quilt parade:

QAYG = Diatom scrap quilt
1 and 2 more Hexi Baby quilts
1,2, and 3 more Hexi Babies
Scrap use = Chain of Sunshine
#2 UFO = Scrap Coins
Gallery show piece: O Prairie Girl
P.Q 14.4 #1 = Novel -My Jane pillow
P.Q 14.2 = pink Tumbling tower of pink
P.Q 14.1 = QCR apple core


Linking to So Scrappy HERE
Cynthia @ Oh Scrap

Comments

Beautiful scrappy quilts! I love the layout of the giant grandmother flower garden, and the strip blocks look fun to make.
Thank you for sharing, and linking up!

Popular posts from this blog

Project Quilting Season 5 - #1

Remember when

I am...

Japandi - a bee quilt